Date: Tuesday 01 October 2019
Time: 06:00 - 23:00
Welcome to Islwyn Gymnastics Club
Karl, Marie and the rest of the team would like to welcome you to Islwyn Gymnastics Club. We are pleased and privileged to be able to offer both Women’s and Men’s Artistic Gymnastics and offer your child an extremely fun, bully free, equality and inclusion driven environment for them to grow with Gymnastics and be able to practice and build their skills to the highest level they can achieve.
Your child will be coached by our expert team of coaches, sports leaders and volunteers on all aspects of the sport from conditioning to the big double somersault finish from the uneven or high bar ! We sincerely hope that both you and your child enjoy your experience with IGC at all times. If you wish to discuss anything please do not hesitate to ask a member of our team.
Sunday 04 August 2019
NEW CLASSES OPENING
Due to POPULAR DEMAND we are pleased to announce t...
Sunday 07 July 2019
The Coaches behind the Rainbow fence - Silviu Niscoveanu
Every Month at IGC we hope to be able to give you ...
Our objectives are:
- We want our kids to love their gymnastics experience. Childhood should be fun, and we will create a positive, high-energy atmosphere that allows our kids to delight in their experience, fulfilling their natural desire to fly, to flip, to tumble, and to marvel at the development of their capabilities.
- To promote the sport of gymnastics in the community by increasing awareness and participation;
- To provide the opportunity for young people to train with high-quality coaching, in a fun, family orientated and safe environment.
- To develop athletes physiologically, psychologically and technically at the recreational and competitive levels.
- To maintain the standard of quality programs that promotes equality without discrimination as to race, religion, sex or ability.
Our aims are:
- To provide safe and enjoyable gymnastics activities in accordance with the guidelines and regulations of British Gymnastics.
- To encourage children to have greater self-awareness, social skills and confidence, through participation in gymnastics games and activities, development programmes and badge award schemes.
- To ensure children can try the sport of gymnastics by the provision of recreational gymnastics classes.
- To encourage the participation and retention of older gymnasts in the sport, through the provision of training and activities designed to meet their needs.
- To encourage children with the skills and desire to participate in competitive gymnastics events, through the establishment of Squad training sessions specifically tailored to meet their needs.
- To work in close co-operation with Welsh Gymnastics and British Gymnastics.
- To promote the involvement of older gymnasts/ helpers/ parents in gymnastics Coaching and Judging by providing mentor coaching and judging.
- To ensure that all members are aware of Club activities and events by producing a regular Newsletter and by articles on the Club Noticeboard and social media sites.
- To ensure that the club operates a zero-tolerance policy on bullying. Any incident will be dealt with appropriately by the Club's nominated Welfare Officer